Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Cathartic


Went searching for the meaning of catharsis-came across the following:


  • purification or purgation of the emotions (as pity and fear) primarily through art

  • purification or purgation that brings about spiritual renewal or release from tension

  • elimination of a complex by bringing it to consciousness and affording it expression

I think the 2nd one better suits me. I broke down, cried like a baby on Saturday-so much a pain & I needed release. As I think about it now, I kinda feel bad. I have NEVER EVER EVER broken down like that in front of a guy. I have always exercised better control and I'm actually shocked I did. I was vulnerable and in a lot of pain. And NAIVELY, I thought things would change for the better or at least, if he wasn't interested in making things work, he was free to walk away. I had been so unhappy all week long and honestly, was heading towards depression or if not that, some sort of emotional breakdown.


Well, today is Tuesday and we haven't spoken since Sunday. I mean, how stupid can I be? What's that saying? Action speaks louder than words. Talk about getting a kick in my big behind.


I woke up from my slumber of last week-rude awakening. I absolutely refuse to have my feelings trodden upon.


So YES!!! It is ok for you to move on. Reckon you have had your revenge and I hope you feel good, elated, satisfied. Wouldn't want to be you right now. Never ever treated you spitefully.


I, on the other hand, refuse to go through the motions of last week-that was someone I did not recognise, I did not like. Don't get me wrong-like I said it was a cathartic experience for me, showed me that it is ok to break down, hurt, love deeeeeply and not be ashamed of it. However, it can't drag on forever, so I have gone ahead to delete all phone numbers, text messages, email addresses-anything that can make me tempted to reach out. After all it's a new year, new beginnings.


Hey, I wish him the best. I, on the other hand, I'm on the road to mending. YEAH!!!

No comments: